COMEDK UGET entrance test is being conducted for merit determination for use by COMEDK Member Institutions only. The COMEDK entrance test is mandatory for candidates seeking admissions for the Under-Graduate courses in these Institutions. The COMEDK UGET-2013 test scores are valid only for admissions during the academic year 2013-2014.
COMEDK Under-Graduate Entrance Test – 2013
COMEDK: “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” to determine the merit of students seeking admissions to the undergraduate courses in the Member Institutions of the Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation Trust (KPCF) in its endeavor to offer an effective, fair, transparent and non-exploitative testing procedure.
Member Institutions: There are 12 Medical, 25 Dental and more than 150 engineering colleges who make available almost 20,000 seats for admission.
Courses Offered in COMEDK Member Institutions >> Under-Graduate Medical, Dental and Engineering Courses
|Course||Duration in Years||Internship in Years||Commencement of the Academic Year|
|3||B.E.||4||Not Applicable||01 /08/2013
|4||B. Arch||5||Not Applicable|
For disciplines and streams/branch, refer prospectus.
COMEDK MBBS / BDS Eligibility
- As per the Regulations of Medical/Dental Council of India, the qualifying examination prescribed for admission to MBBS/BDS is 2nd PUC or 10+2 higher secondary or equivalent examination, recognized by State / Central Government. The last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates must have passed these subjects (PCB) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks taken together in PCB (40% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka state); they must also secure not less than 50% marks (40 % in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka state) in PCB in the Common Entrance Test of COMEDK UGET-2013.
- English is one of the subjects to be tested along with Physics, Chemistry and Biology during COMEDK UGET-2013 and the General Merit candidates should secure not less than 50% marks in English, (40 % in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka state). However, the marks so secured in English will not be added for the determination of rank list as the rank list will be drawn exclusively based on the minimum required marks secured by the candidates in PCB; further, a candidate is not entitled for a rank if he/she fails to secure 50% or 40% (in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka state) of marks in English. The paper on English language will be of Matriculation standard and will test the candidate’s comprehension of the language, the structure of words, phrases, clauses, and sentences.
- Age Limit: The candidates shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December (31/12/2013) of the year of admission to the MBBS/BDS course.
- Similarly, the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination prior to 2009 NEED NOT APPLY.
COMEDK B.E. Eligibility
- As per the existing norms of the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), the qualifying examination prescribed for admission to B.E. is 2nd PUC or 10+2 higher secondary or equivalent Examination recognized by State / Central Government. The last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit Candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC Candidates of Karnataka state) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or any other Technical vocational courses as one of the optional subjects. However, if there are any changes in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE, the same will be adopted.
- An attempt in the Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the Rank list.
NOTE: Diploma Candidates are not eligible to take COMEDK UGET-2013 entrance test.
COMEDK B. Arch Eligibility
- The qualifying examination prescribed for admission to B. Arch is 2nd PUC or 10+2 higher secondary or equivalent Examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and having obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks in case of SC, ST and OBC Candidates of Karnataka).
- The candidate should have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 for both General Merit and Category Candidates.
i. COMEDK will not be conducting any Common Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch (Architecture Course) as per its existing rules.
ii. Candidates seeking B. Arch seats should submit separate application form along with a DD of Rs. 700/- in favour of COMEDK.
COMEDK UGET Date: The COMEDK UGET-2013 will be conducted across the State of Karnataka on Sunday the 12th May 2013.
Paper & Timings
|Morning Session||Afternoon Session|
|B.E||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (From 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM)||
|MBBS / BDS||Physics and Chemistry (From 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM)||Biology and English (From 2:30 PM to 04:00 PM)|
|Both(B.E and MBBS/BDS)||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (From 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM)||Biology and English (From 2:30 PM to 04:00 PM)|
To view information regarding COMEDK Exam Hall Tickets, COMEDK UGET Hall Ticket
for Test Pattern and Exam Scheme, refer prospectus.
How to Apply / Application Fee
Candidates have to apply online and send the printout to respective authority as mentioned.
Demand Draft has to be drawn from the nationalized bank in favour of “COMEDK” (check for the correct spelling), payable at Bangalore (DD must be payable at Bangalore only). Rs.1200/- (One Thousand Two Hundred Only) for 3 subjects (PCB or PCM) i.e. MBBS/BDS or B.E and Rs.1500/- (One Thousand Five hundred only) for 4 subjects (PCMB) i.e. MBBS/BDS and B.E..
Application number, applicant’s name & contact number to be written at the back of the Demand Draft. Check for the banker’s signature on the Demand Draft.
The completed Application Form has to reach the COMEDK office by Speed Post or Courier on or before Monday the 15th April 2013 (before 5:00 PM) to the following Address.Executive Secretary – COMEDK
# 132, Second Floor, 11th Main, 17th Cross
Malleswaram, Bangalore-560 055.
UGET Important dates
|Start date for Issue of Online Application Form for MBBS/BDS & B.E|
|Last Date for Receipt of Completed Application Forms for MBBS/BDS & B.E|
|Last Date for uploading of Test Admission Tickets|
|COMEDK UGET-2013 Test Day|
|Publishing of Answer Keys *|
|Last Date for receiving objection pertaining to Answer Keys *|
|Publishing of Test Scores *|
|Last Date for receiving objection pertaining to Test Scores *|
|Publishing of Rank List *|
|B. Arch -||Centralized Counseling only|
|Start Date for Issue of Online Application form for B. Arch|
|Last Date for Receipt of Completed Application Forms for B. Arch|
|Publishing of Rank List B. Arch|
COMEDK office is situated at the following address:
#132, Second Floor, 11th Main
17th Cross, Malleswaram
Bangalore – 560 055