BPCL is looking for Graduate Engineers in the field of “Mechanical Engineering” for the post of “Management Trainee”.
Selection Procedure: through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE-2013).
For detailed information on GATE-2013, visit GATE 2013
Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examination (B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc- (Engg.) in First Attempt in the discipline of Mechanical Engineering (excluding Production / Mechatronics / Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering etc.) from Indian Universities / Institutes / Colleges recognized by AICTE/UGC (full time regular courses only)
Candidates, belonging to General and OBC (Non- Creamy Layer or NCL) categories, should have secured minimum 60% marks in qualifying degree examination. The applicable minimum percentage of marks for Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) /Persons
With Disability (PWD) candidates is 50%. Candidates in the final year of engineering studies belonging to General and OBC (NCL) categories, should have secured minimum 60% marks ( in aggregate upto last semester), elaxable to 50% for SC/ST/ PWD candidates.
Upper Age Limit as on 01.06.2013: Maximum 25 Years for General Category candidates as on 01.06.2013.
Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential/ Government Directives.
Selection process: On the basis of GATE 2013 marks in the Mechanical discipline, candidates would be shortlisted on merit to undergo a selection process that would ordinarily comprise of Group Discussion and Personal Interview, besides Psychometric tests and / or any other selection tool that may be considered appropriate, at the sole discretion of management.
Candidates would have to qualify through each stage of the selection process uccessfully before being considered for final selection.
Training & Placement: Candidates selected as ‘Management Trainee’ would be on Probation for a period of one year and on their successful completion of probationary period they would be onfirmed as ‘Executive’ in the respective business unit / entity.
Candidates can be posted across the country, in any of the businesses / locations or offices including joint ventures & subsidiary companies of BPCL currently in existence and establishments that may be set up in future besides roles on deputation to other organizations and the services will be transferable as per the requirement of the orporation.
Emoluments: Candidates selected as “Management Trainee” would be placed in Job Group “A” on a basic salary of rs. 24,900/- (Scale of Pay ` 24,900 – 50500). In addition, Dearness Allowance (DA) based on IDA pattern is payable. House Rent Assistance, if applicable will vary based on the class of city of posting.
The total emoluments at entry level for Management Trainees are presently ` 10 Lakhs per annum (approx. cost to company). This includes 50% of Basic Pay as Perks & Allowances, Performance Related Pay & 30% of Basic plus DA as superannuation benefits ( Provident Fund, Gratuity & New Pension Scheme ). Our perquisites include housing facilities, vehicle / housing loan, medical reimbursement, LFA, Holiday home facility, Group Savings Linked Insurance Scheme etc. Qualifying norms would apply for soft loans such as housing and vehicle.
How to Apply:
1. Candidates who wish to apply for the post of “Management Trainee” in BPCL will be required to take the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering – 2013 (GATE-2013) in Mechanical Engineering discipline (Corresponding GATE 2013 aper code for Mechanical Engineering discipline is ME).
2. GATE 2013 is scheduled on 10th February 2013 (Sunday) for the Mechanical Engineering discipline.
3. For detailed information on GATE-2013, interested candidates may log on to www.gate.iitb.ac.in or any of the zone websites.
4. Candidates need to apply / register ONLINE for GATE-2013 through any of the websites mentioned above from 1st September 2012 to 30th September 2012. pplication process for GATE-2013 is entirely ONLINE.
5. Candidates will require their GATE-2013 Registration Number for applying to BPCL. The registration number will appear on the GATE-2013 admit card of the candidates. The admit card can only be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites of IISc and 7 IITs. No other number (for eg. GATE-2013 Application / online form no. etc) should be entered as GATE-2013 registration number while applying to BPCL.
6. On downloading the GATE-2013 admit card and receipt of GATE registration number, candidates need to apply online on BPCL’s website. The relevant link will be made available from 5th December 2012 on BPCL’s career website i.e www.bpclcareeinrs..
7. Candidates should click on the ONLINE application link, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the ONLINE application form giving accurate information including the GATE-2013 registration number.
8. Candidates must enter the same name as they have entered while applying to GATE-2013. (For example, if the candidate has entered Navin Kumar Singh in the ONLINE GATE application, he must enter Navin Kumar Singh (exactly same spelling) while applying to BPCL. He must not enter N K Singh or Navin K Singh etc. while applying to BPCL).
9. Upon completion, the candidate should submit the online application by clicking the Submit button at the bottom of the page. If the same is accepted, the system will generate a unique application ID along with the completed application form.
10. Candidate should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, sign at the space provided and keep with him/ her safely for future reference. (The same will be required to be submitted, in case shortlisted for further selection process.)
11. The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should be the same submitted along with GATE-2013 application form and admit card. If the candidate is called for further selection process, his/ her identity would be verified with GATE-2013 admit card and GATE-2013 official score card.
12. 9th February 2013 is the last date for submitting the ONLINE application for BPCL.
for more information visit GATE 2013