Online applications are invited for Entrance Test 2013-14 to be conducted by Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi-221005 (Uttar Pradesh), India as per the following schedule for admission to Ayurveda Vachaspati MD(Ay)/Ayurveda Dhanwantari MS(Ay) courses for session 2013-14.
BHU Admission To Ayurveda Vachaspati (MD (Ayurveda)) And Ayurveda Dhanwantari (MS(Ayurveda))
No. of Seats and Specialties: Total seats are 40* out if which 50% seats will be reserved for Institutional candidates. Instructional candidate means who have passed final professional BAMS examination of December 2011 from Faculty of Ayurveda, IMS, BHU, Varanasi and likely to complete their internship on or before 31-07-2013.
* Subject to approval from CCIM, New Delhi.
Supernumerary Category: Sponsored, foreign nationals and the candidates with MBBS degree will be treated under supernumerary category.
One seat in each PG Specialty will be available under the supernumerary category.
Foreign Nationals are exempted from entrance test. Five percent (5%) supernumerary seats are reserved for foreign nationals subject to maximum of two.
- The candidate holding BAMS or equivalent degree recognized by BHU and CCIM.
- The candidate holding MBBS degree recognized by MCI.The candidate should have passed I.Sc. (Biology) or equivalent examination recognized by BHU.
- All the candidates (except MBBS) must have qualified with Sanskrit as one of the subjects in Intermediate or equivalent examination or as a part of BAMS examination recognized by Banaras Hindu University.
- The candidate must have completed minimum 12 months Internship (4 Vi years BAMS Course) / 6 months Internship (5 years BAMS Course) by 31.7.2013 after passing the final professional examination.
- In case of the foreign nationals the degree must have approval of the CCIM or MCI as equivalent to the corresponding examination for admission.
- Temporary registration as medical practitioner of foreign nationals is essential. CCIM or MCI should approve their registration valid for study period.
Entrance Test Fee: For General and OBC categories Rs.1600 and for SC and ST category Rs. 1000.
How to apply: Candidates can apply ONLY ONLINE.
Online submission of application may be made by accessing the University website www.bhu.ac.in.
Candidates may remit the fee online as per the guidelines mentioned in Information Brochure.
The candidate who is in service (Government/Semi Government) must apply through proper channel.
Foreign Nationals should submit their application routed through the respective Embassy/Indian Council for Cultural
Relation/Ministry of External Affairs (in case of self financing candidates), Govt, of India, New Delhi.
|Date of Entrance Examination||26th Jun 2013 Wednesday|
|Date of availability of application forms for online submission||25th Feb. 2013|
|Last date of submission of online application forms||01-04-2013 by 11:59 pm|
|Last date of submission of application forms for Foreign Nationals||16th July 2013|
Please refer Information Brochure for detailed information. Information Brochure will be made available on www.bhu.ac.in from 25-02-2013.