Applications are invited for admission in the PhD courses in various Schools and subjects mentioned below, as per Ph.D Rules and Regulations of the University.UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, MEGHALAYA
Admission Notification for PhD 2013
USTM PhD Admission 2013
- Business Sciences : Commerce, Economics, Management etc.
- Biological Sciences : Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Food Sciences, Zoology, Botany etc.
- Applied Sciences : Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics & Environmental Science etc.
- Media Sciences and Cultural Studies : Cultural studies, Media studies, Language, Literature, Folklore, History, Music, Art and Cultural History, Archeology etc.
- Social Sciences and Humanities : Sociology, Psychology, Education, Political Science, Social Work, Public Administration, Rural Development, International Studies, Rural Management etc.
- Engineering and Technology : Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical, Civil and Mechanical Engineering etc.
PhD Admission Eligibility : Master Degree with a minimum of 50% marks in the respective subjects from a recognized University.
(Relaxable by 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/ Minority community as well as those working in Corporate
Interdisciplinary research work can also be undertaken in the above mentioned subjects.
How to obtain Application Form & Prospectus
- Get from the Administrative Office of university campus at 9th Mile, Kling Road ( Opposite CRPF Gate No. 2), Baridua and City office at ERD Foundation, near Ganesh Mandir, Ganeshguri, Guwahati. The cost of the form & prospectus Rs 1500/ for Ph.D.
- Form & Prospectus can also be obtained from designated branch of Axis Bank in North Eastern States by payment of Rs 500/ and the remaining amount of Rs 1,000/ for Ph.D can be deposited at the time of submission of form.
- Candidate may download the form & prospectus from university website www.ustm.ac.in/download. Fee of the form may be paid at the time of submission of the form in cash or DD.
- Application may be submitted online through the university website. The page will connectentranceform.com where candidate may fill up application form in different steps and payment of form may be paid through online.
- The Application form & Prospectus may also be obtained by sending a crossed Demand Draft(DD) of any nationalized bank with amount of Rs Rs.1575/ drawn in favaour of “ University of Science & Technology, Meghalaya” payable at Guwahati along with a self addressed envelope of 30 X 25 cm size. IPO/ Cheque/MO will not be accepted.
Submission of Application Form: The Complete filled up Application form along with self attested Xerox copy of all academic documents can be submitted to the Administrative office of the University at 9th Mile, Baridua or city office “ERD Foundation” located at Ganeshguri, Dispur, Guwahati.
Candidates appearing in final year examination and waiting for result may also submit form provided they should submit the final marksheet & certificate at the time of admission.
Application may be sent by speed post/ general post/courier to campus office address as follows :“The Registrar, University of Science & Technology, Meghalaya Technocity, 9th Mile, Kling Road Baridua, ( Opp. CRPF Group Centre Gate No. 2) Ri-Bhoi, Meghalaya-793101”
- Last date of Submission of Application : 10 Jan. 2013
- Date of Entrance Test : 20 Jan. 2013
- Date of Admission : 30 Jan. 2013
For more information visit : http://www.ustm.ac.in/showsubpage.asp?subid=121&id=188